Sunday, February 23, 2014

Art Journal - My First "Houses" page

My friend Linda came over to do some art journaling and showed me her page that she had done of some houses. I loved it! Her inspiration was Cathy Bluteau who does awesome "Houses" art journal pages and has some videos on youtube.
Linda wanted to do another one so we both got to work and this is my first attempt at making a page of houses. It was so much fun adding all the different little details. I put some things in there that make me laugh. If you click on the above picture, it will enlarge and you can see more of the details. I know I will be making more little villages in the future. I have already started my second one.
The houses on this page are all patterned paper cut free hand into house shapes and collaged onto the painted background on the page in the art journal. Then I added some paint and doodling and stamping and rub-ons.
This was too much fun. Give it a try! :D

2 comments:

Nicole Maki said...

Your little neighborhood is fabulous! Love how it all came together. I'm especially taken with the tag for a door. Super -cute.

Warmly,
Nicole

Annette said...

Love the quirky house.