Wednesday, February 19, 2014

2014 Journal52 - Week 7 - When I grow up...

Our Journal52 prompt this week was "When I grow up". We were to think of all the things we thought we would like to be when we grew up or interpret it any way that we wanted. Because my career as a teacher is over, I chose to do my page on how I'd like my retirement to be. I found I could have filled many pages with things I like to do, but I narrowed it down and tried to keep it simple. I used the mind map technique for my composition.
I stamped the background randomly with black ink images, then scraped some paint onto it with an old credit card. I added some texture with bubble wrap and white paint. I sprayed three colours of Dylusions ink in spots and let it drip down and sprayed it with some water to disperse it.
I made the main figure by tracing a model from a magazine and cutting it out. I then stamped some black ink images onto the silhouette and drew in a few details and then the word "Retired".
I made the framed word cards for my subtitles and then added a small picture of something from each topic by each card. I grounded the figure with some washi tape.
I then stamped a handmade border stamp a couple of times and inked the edges of the page with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
If you want to see more detail, click on the above photo and you will see a larger picture.
Thanks for stopping by! :D
I'd love to hear from you.

No comments: