Friday, June 21, 2013
This is the front cover of one of my Gelli Journals that I made. Each page was made from cardboard from cereal boxes, cracker boxes, etc. I gessoed both sides of the cardboard and then did gelli printing on each side. I made my own gelatin plates just to try it out to see if I liked making the monoprints. I did! I had a blast. So now I am the proud owner of a Gelli Plate.
I used my Dylusions stamp for the girl on the front cover. I collaged some patterned paper and lace, then did some stamping and colouring onto the background. I cut out the girl and collaged her on last. Then I wrote the title with a black fine line marker.
I found the recipe for the gelatin plates on You Tube. They are easy to make but do tend to crack with lots of use.
Take care and have a fun and creative day. :D
Tuesday, June 11, 2013
I hope you have a fabulous day! :D