Wednesday, February 12, 2014

2014 Journal 52 - Week 6 - The Lost Art of Love Letters

I found myself getting emotional as I made this page. My Dad passed away 18 years ago. Making a page with my Mom and Dad's wedding picture on it brought back many memories of the times when Dad was still with us. I am blessed to still have my Mom.
I used several stencils on this page. The church window was from a stencil by Finnabair. I sprayed white ink through the stencil onto black paper and then cut it out. I copied a photo of Mom and Dad onto plain paper, glued it to cardstock and cut it out. I added some colour to them with pencil crayons.
I made the envelope with my We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board. I added white paint to a red heart doily. I used acrylic paint and markers for the background.
I wrote the love letter and put it in the envelope. I'm happy that I'll get to show it to my Mom.
Why don't you write a love letter to someone you love? They will  cherish it.
Happy Valentine's Day! :D

No comments: