Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Stampscapes - Brayered Bookmarks

I taught a class about brayering the background for Stampscapes scenes. I decided to make bookmarks for the class. I showed three different brayering techniques.
For this bookmark I used a mask made from a torn post-it note to mask the ground and brayered the colour onto the sky. I also used a mask to sponge on the colour for the snow drifts. The scene was stamped in Black Archival ink. The big snowflakes were heat embossed before the sky was brayered. The smaller snowflakes were added with a white gel pen after the scene was complete.



I brayered shades of saffron on the top of this bookmark and shades of blue on the bottom. Other colours were added with stipple brushes and highlights were added with a white gel pen.



For this bookmark, I brayered the background using a multi-coloured ink pad called Kaleidacolor Baby Powder. Again I added extra colour with a stipple brush and markers after the scene was stamped.

We had a great time in this class making these bookmarks. The ladies did an awesome job! And hopefully when you give these bookmarks to someone, they will use them and keep your artwork. I'm always worried that sometimes cards are just thrown out! Yikes!





1 comment:

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

Trish! these book marks are fabulous! Love the colors AND I think I have all those images. :o) Stampscapes and AI. I got that boat after last year's retreat. Thanks for sharing!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!