Saturday, February 4, 2012

Big Art Journal - Valentine Love

I received this big, beautiful art journal from my friend Sharon that I met last summer at the campground where we have our camper. Sharon is a wonderful artist and we have shared our artwork and techniques. This journal measures 8.5x11 inches so it is much bigger than my other journals.

I did this page using a technique for the background that I had seen on Michelle Zindorf's blog called Freedom in Creating. She posted a card on Jan. 1, 2012 and showed a tutorial on how she did this technique. I have used inks, plastic wrap (really!), stamps, masks that I made from post-it notes, black pens, white paint marker and white gel marker. Thanks for the great tutorial Michelle!
The real page is much darker in colour but my camera just does not seem to show the true colour richness. I need to learn how to photogragh my work better.
Below is a close-up of some of the details and layers of images in the background. Again the colour in the photo is very washed out from the original.


I always enjoy trying new techniques and playing in my art journals. The big size of this journal is a fun challenge. Thanks for the gift Sharon!  :D

1 comment:

JJ Meyer said...

Love these colors! So bright and cheery! I love all your artwork and cards. Blessings!