Thursday, March 6, 2014

2014 Journal52 - Week 9 - Colour Swatch Inspiration

For the week 9 prompt for Journal52 we were to take our inspiration from some colours that we like and use them for our art journal page. I decided to draw some flowers with a pencil and chose a few colours of my Twinkling H2O paints to paint them in. Then I doodled around the flowers and leaves with a fine black marker and a white gel pan and also drew the frame. I splattered some paint onto the painting for interest.
The next picture shows some of the details.

You can click on any of the photos to enlarge them.

I did a second painting for the same prompt. 
For this one I used watercolour paper and painted with the wet-on-wet technique. First I wet the paper with clear water, then painted the flowers and leaves. I did not draw them first. I outlined my flowers and leaves with black paint with a liner brush. Then I splattered black paint on the page and drew a frame with a marker.
I couldn't decide which one to post to the Journal52 group so I posted both! I thoroughly enjoyed painting these. I can't wait to get rid of the snow and see Spring again!!!
Take care! :D



1 comment:

Carola Bartz said...

Your flowers are beautiful. The doodling around the flowers in your first painting give the image a little extra that is really nice.