Friday, March 21, 2014

2014 Journal52 - Week 11 - Stars

For week 11 of the Journal52 prompts, we were to do a page based on stars and the night sky. The background is done with acrylic paints and a stencil of stars. I gessoed the page and then applied the paint and put the stencil down and wiped away some of the blue, green and red paint to show the stars in the background. I then did lots of white splatters with watered down white paint on a paint brush. I hit the brush and let the paint splatter over the background. Then I did some splatters in gold paint.
The stars were drawn on shiny white paper and and then painted over with sparkle glaze and cut out.
The fairy was stenciled onto white paper with acrylic paints and then also covered over with sparkle glaze and cut out. I wrote the sentiment, cut the words out and applied them to the page. Then I highlighted the stars, fairy and words with a fine point black marker and some shadow marker.
Wouldn't you like to dance among the stars? I would.
Have a great day! :D

No comments: