Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Birthday Card - Gesso and Gelatos background

I tried a new technique for the background of this card. I applied gesso to a piece of cardstock, then laid another piece of cardstock on top of it while the gesso was still wet and smoothed it over with my hands. Then I pulled the two pieces of cardstock apart and that left a lot of interesting texture in the gesso. I let the gesso dry completely. Then I coloured two colours of gelatos over the surface of the gesso and blended it with a wet paint brush. When that was dry I stamped with metallic silver and black inks for the design.
I saw this idea on Trena's blog and I wanted to give it a try. Thanks Trena for the inspiration! :D

I stamped the envelope to match as well.



And I used some of the gesso-gelato paper for the inside of the card.


Take care! :D


1 comment:

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

Trish! This turned out beautiful! I really dig the inside and envelop too! XXOO

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!