Wednesday, April 30, 2014

2014 Journal52 - Week 16 - Recycled Art

The prompt for week 16 in Journal52 was Recycled Art. I recycled many things on this two page spread. The journal itself is a recycled magazine from the University of Waterloo.
I covered the page with some pieces of cardstock that my friend Linda had used to punch out oval shapes and was going to throw away. I glued them all over the page and then painted over it with gesso and then some acrylic paints. The girl was one of my quick drawings on an old calendar that I call my calendar girls.  I cut her out and glued her onto this page. The kite was made from the patterned paper on the inside of an envelope. I drew and cut out some flowers from a paper that I used behind some ink spraying that I had done. The bottom of the page and doily designs were from a napkin. The birds and butterflies were stamped on a piece of a gelli print.
 It's fun to use up things that you have saved from other projects.
What have you recycled lately for your art?
I'd be pleased to hear from you! :D

No comments: