Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sympathy Card

This is a sympathy card that a friend asked me to make. She wanted a card with a sun on it as the friend that had passed away always had a sunny smile. What a wonderful memory.
I used the direct-to-paper technique for the colour on the blue cardstock. That is when you take your ink pad and drag it directly onto the cardstock. I like to use the small stampin' spots inkpads from Stampin' Up when I do the direct-to-paper technique because it gives me more control than a bigger ink pad.
I used the direct-to-paper technique for making the distant mountains on the scene as well. I punched a circle from a post-it note to use as a mask for the sun and then sponged colour over it for the sky. When I removed the mask, I lightly sponged some colour on the sun. Ink was sponged on for the water. Then I stamped the images in black ink and used a white gel pen to add higlights to the water and images.
I tried to make it look like a setting sun.
May your smile always be sunny too.  :D

1 comment:

SandyK said...

Lovely card, Trish. It is so serene!